Do you enjoy the challenge of repairing, servicing equipment and problem solving? Take pride in a job well done that helps others in times of need all the while providing excellent customer service? Enjoy the variety of working in a shop, field or customer location? Thrive in a fast paced, busy environment? Do our values of safety, integrity, teamwork and challenge interest you? If yes, come join us at Agri-Service!
Agri-Service and its employees are dedicated to the success of agriculture in America. We are your friends, your family, your community and your support system. We continually strive to provide an unparalleled customer experience, investing in our people and our business to successfully serve the caretakers of the land--one farmer, one neighbor, one community at a time.
We have an excellent reputation that includes providing outstanding customer service and we’d love you to be part of the team who provides it!
Location: Marsing, ID
Reports to: Service Manager
Our Service Technicians provide outstanding customer service through their interactions with customers, co-workers and vendors. The primary responsibilities of a Service Technician are to troubleshoot, service and repair Ag equipment.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow all customer care standards and provide customers with solutions.
- Repair equipment in shop, field or customer location.
- Utilize a computer/laptop to maintain service reports and other necessary paperwork.
- Communicate with customers and supervisors regarding the status of their equipment.
- Maintain a service vehicle with appropriate tools.
- Manage time efficiently and work with minimal supervision.
- Advocate and exemplify safety and safe working habits using proper safety equipment not limited to hand, face and eye protection.
- Promote the Safety Culture of Agri-Service.
- Work extended hours with minimal notice.
- Accomplish training and participate with the company’s strategic programs and projects.
- Complete the work above in accordance with company policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Follow and promote company’s vision, mission, and values.
- Demonstrate an interest in expanding current skillset.
- Other job-related and non-specific job-related functions as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others through teamwork.
- Ability to competently use all mechanical and electronic diagnostic tools to complete repairs.
- Ability to find, understand and apply any technical information from computers, manuals of other guides.
- Ability to use computer systems for time entry, preparation of service reports and other necessary paperwork.
- Ability to work extended hours with minimal notice.
- Consistent attendance is essential.
Education and Experience:
- 2 years’ experience in a related field.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must provide own tools (financial assistance available).
- Proof of high school diploma of General Education Degree (GED).
- Must be able to communicate in English (speak, read, write, and comprehend).
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to accomplish any of the following for long periods of time: sit, walk, stand, climb stairs; reach, lean, twist with product/equipment; push and pull product/equipment.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
- Note: exposure to extreme fumes, extreme temperatures, high noise level, and dirt.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification.
Reasonable accommodation requests for persons with disability may be submitted by email or U.S. Mail. If you require reasonable accommodation during any part of the hiring process, please submit requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Attn: VP, Human Resources
300 Agri-Service Way
Kimberly, ID 83341