Seeking a confident, dynamic leader who will create a new path for Safety at Agri-Service! Excellent opportunity to make a huge impact!
Safety. It’s so much more than a word – it’s a commitment to protecting our team so they can go home in good shape after a demanding day of work. Leading safety takes courage, grit, and drive. It takes someone who thrives in building relationships. Who works alongside all employees to build truly effective policies, programs and procedures.
We’re not your average ag equipment business, and we’re growing something far better than your average safety program. Are you ready to help lead this effort?
Agri-Service and its employees are dedicated to the success of agriculture in America. We are your friends, your family, your community and your support system. We continually strive to provide an unparalleled customer experience, investing in our people and our business to successfully serve the caretakers of the land--one farmer, one neighbor, one community at a time.
Location: Twin Falls, ID
Reports to: VP, Human Resources
This position is responsible for leading a proactive safety culture. The Safety Manager regularly conducts assessments to identify safety areas of risk and implements a proactive strategy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. The position assists in designing, implementing and improving safety programs and training to minimize risk to employees and organization.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively cares for and advocates safety at Agri-Service
- Identifies company safety training needs and develops and coordinates safety training programs
- Conducts site inspections and audits, recommends corrective action where hazards exist
- Acts as the liaison between the Safety Committee and the Executive team
- Provides frequent reports and information regarding safety related metrics
- Tracks injury reporting, including incident analysis, and concerns regarding hazards in the workplace
- Collaborates with peers and managers to share best practices across the organization
- Keeps updated on new developments in regulatory changes and incorporates this information into the company’s business planning
- Communicates programs to enhance employee awareness of prevention and compliance
- Coordinates with Safety Liaisons to ensure consistent and timely training throughout the organization
- Maintains training records as required and prepares reports and documentation as needed
- Ability to balance time between multiple priorities
- Adheres to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards
- May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Agri-Service’s strategic programs, projects, and initiatives
- Works within and promotes vision, mission, and values of the organization
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven skills in written and verbal communications, planning, organizing, leadership and interpersonal relationship building required
- Ability to present information to a group of people, respond to questions, relate well to all levels of the workforce, set and manage priorities and be a team player that motivates and educates other team members
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with others to include customers, vendors, employees and the public
- Occasional overnight travel required as necessary to complete the job requirements
- Consistent attendance
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety or a related field plus one to three years related experience with a comparable Safety program or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Prior experience in the development and delivery of safety training courses required
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record required
- Experience in ag equipment industry preferred
- Must be able to communicate in English (speak, read, comprehend, write)
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time along with walking, standing, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification.
Reasonable accommodation requests for persons with disability may be submitted by email or U.S. Mail. If you require reasonable accommodation during any part of the hiring process, please submit requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Attn: VP, Human Resources
300 Agri-Service Way
Kimberly, ID 83341