Precision Farming Business Manager
Are you ready to take your Agriculture Technology career to the next level? Are you a sales strategist who excels at business planning, market analysis, budgeting, customer relationships, people management and development? Self-starter? Take pride in contributing to corporate strategy development and execution? Do our values of safety, integrity, teamwork and challenge resonate with you? If yes, come join us at Vantage-Northwest!
Vantage-Northwest is your local precision agriculture expert on the full suite of Trimble solutions, making precision technology work seamlessly across complex farming operations. Our team has an extensive skillset in all areas of prevision agriculture and is equipped to bring our industry-level technical expertise, customer service and support capabilities to your farm.
Vantage-Northwest is the precision farming brand of Agri-Service which has 13 locations throughout Idaho, Washington, Utah and Oregon.
Agri-Service and its employees are dedicated to the success of agriculture in America. We are your friends, your family, your community and your support system. We continually strive to provide an unparalleled customer experience, investing in our people and our business to successfully serve the caretakers of the land--one farmer, one neighbor, one community at a time.
Come bring your talents in Agriculture Technology and accomplish great things!
Location: Twin Falls, ID
Reports to: Board of Managers
This position is responsible for all activities in the Precision Farming business unit. This includes business strategy, market analysis, budgeting, staffing and performance monitoring to meet unit objectives. Responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures necessary to achieve objectives. This individual will handle customer and employee concerns while managing assets, achieving market share objectives and maintaining profitable growth. This individual will participate in corporate strategy development and execution.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with senior management and Precision Farming team to develop and implement the precision farming strategy and business plan.
- Develops and manages Precision Farming annual and five year budgets. Updates and revises budget on an ongoing basis.
- Develops and monitors short and long-term sales strategies so that market share, margin, and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Monitors balanced business performance and makes changes as necessary to meet objectives.
- Hires and supervises employees, coaching performance, conducting annual performance reviews, determining compensation, administering discipline, and assisting with succession planning.
- Maintains a professional, trained and motivated staff through effective implementation of performance and career-development programs.
- Actively recruits new, well-qualified employees to build the Precision Farming team.
- Advocates for and actively cares about safety at Agri-Service. Works with employees to provide a safe and productive work environment. Adheres to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintains personal contact with key customers. Utilizes customer relationship management system and coverage strategies to enhance coverage effectiveness and improve customer satisfaction. Includes meeting with customers as needed to resolve issues, grow business and enhance customer relations.
- Keeps informed of competitive actions with review of information from the field or other sources.
- Develops and maintains a culture within the unit that embraces teamwork, integrity, quality, and responsiveness to customers’ needs.
- Regularly reviews voice of the customer, net promoter score and customer survey comments and implements changes to increase customer satisfaction.
- Grows position in the market it serves. Evaluates customers’ expectations and demands and analyzes ability to meet those expectations and demands. Works with employees to ensure customer needs are being met.
- Ensures that inventory is retail ready and adequate to meet market share objectives and customer demand.
- Responsible to assure policies and procedures are consistently applied and adhered to.
- Evaluates the competition for potential changes in operating strategies.
- Evaluates facility, vehicle and equipment needs and ensures purchases are completed correctly according to guidelines.
- Conducts regular business unit meetings.
- Works within and promotes corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required.
- Knowledge or ability to learn business system.
- Proven skills in written and verbal communications, planning, organizing, leadership and interpersonal relationship building.
- Ability to set and manage priorities.
- Drive and maintain company vehicle.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work without supervision.
- Consistent attendance.
Education and Experience:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business preferred.
- Five years’ experience in an Agriculture Technology environment performing related tasks required.
- Three years of supervisory experience required.
- Must be able to communicate in English (speak, read, comprehend, write).
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time along with walking, standing, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification.
Reasonable accommodation requests for persons with disability may be submitted by email or U.S. Mail. If you require reasonable accommodation during any part of the hiring process, please submit requests to email@example.com or mail to:
Attn: VP, Human Resources
300 Agri-Service Way
Kimberly, ID 83341